St. Louis Shakespeare and Magic Smoking Monkey Theatre are accepting video auditions from non-Equity actors for AS YOU LIKE IT, directed by Patrick Siler and IT'S A MARVELOUS LIFE, directed by Donna Northcott. All roles are open. If you have worked with SLS or MSMT in the past, you are invited to come directly to callbacks. Email me for callback information.
Please include the following in your video submission:
Slate your name and provide the following for each production you wish to be considered for:
- AS YOU LIKE IT: 1 minute Shakespeare comic or romantic monologue
- IT'S A MARVELOUS LIFE: 1 minute interpretation of your favorite moment in It's A Wonderful Life. You are invited - but not required - to add a Marvel-Universe-spin (interpret that however you will)
Forward video to:
Deadline for video submission is July 8.
We are observing COVID protocols. All personnel involved in productions are required to submit proof of vaccination. Rehearsals will be masked so that - if all goes well - performances will be without masks.
All actors are paid an honorarium
- AS YOU LIKE IT September 23 - October 2, 2022 (rehearses approximately 6 weeks)
- MARVELOUS LIFE December 2 - 10, 2022 (rehearses approximately 5 weeks)
Thank you, and see you at the theater!
St. Louis Shakespeare and Magic Smoking Monkey Theatre are seeking Artistic and Technical staff for 2022 and 23 seasons.
Available positions include:
- Stage Manager
- Scenic Design/Construction/Painting
- Lighting Design
- Sound Design
- Costume Design
- Properties Design
Upcoming 2022 productions include:
- ROMEO & JULIET - February
- MSMT's JURASSIC PARK: THE MUSICAL! - April/May
- EVERY BRILLIANT THING - June
- [Shakespeare Comedy TBD] - September/October
- MAGIC SMOKING MONKEY Production - December
Positions are paid, non-Equity. If interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include resume.